February 6, 2016

CRP acres opened for grazing as Panhandle ranchers cope with drought

Ranchers in the Panhandle can apply to use Conservation Reserve Program acres for grazing as they cope with spreading drought conditions.

The Nebraska Farm Service Agency has authorized ranchers in those counties to apply to use CRP land for grazing. Ranchers in Banner, Dawes, Morrill, Scotts Bluff, Sheridan and Sioux Counties still must apply to the FSA before grazing the eligible acres.

Information on the use of CRP acres for emergency grazing can be found at fsa.usda.gov.

More requests to use CRP acreage for grazing are sure to come before the FSA as the drought spreads in western Nebraska.

Print pagePDF pageEmail page