The Big Ten announced its women’s basketball Player and Freshman of the Week honorees on Tuesday. Jordan Hooper was named Player of the Week, and Rachel Theriot was tabbed Freshman of the Week for the Huskers.
Jordan Hooper, Nebraska
• Averaged 27.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game in Nebraska’s victories over Ohio State and Minnesota last week
• Recorded 28 points, while shooting 56 percent from three-point range, and seven rebounds in the Huskers’ win at Ohio State
• Posted 27 points on 10-of-17 shooting and seven rebounds in just 27 minutes of action in Nebraska’s defeat of the Gophers
• Earns her second Big Ten Player of the Week award this season and fourth of her career
• Last Nebraska Player of the Week: Jordan Hooper (Dec. 24, 2012)
Rachel Theriot, Nebraska
6-0, G, Middleburg Heights, Ohio/Midpark
• Averaged 10.0 points on 75 percent shooting, 6.0 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 1.5 steals per game in Nebraska’s wins over Ohio State and Minnesota last week.
• Filled the stat sheet with nine points, six assists, five rebounds, one steal and one block in the Huskers’ defeat of the Buckeyes
• Notched 11 points on 5-for-5 shooting, a career-high seven rebounds, five assists and two steals in the victory over the Gophers
• Wins her third Big Ten Freshman of the Week honor
• Last Nebraska Freshman of the Week: Rachel Theriot (Jan. 22, 2013)