Residents of Bellevue apartments will still be able to light up inside their units and use propane grills on the deck. The Bellevue City Council voted down a proposal that would of banned both at Monday night’s meeting.
The council voted 5-1 against the proposal introduced by Councilman Don Priester after several devastating fires caused by carelessly disposed smoking material. In one incident the apartment building was completely destroyed and many were left homeless. He was the only one who voted for the smoking and grill ban.