The 15th-ranked Nebraska sand volleyball team defeated No. 19 Grand Canyon late Thursday night, 3-2. With the victory, the Huskers are now 3-2 in the sand season. The Huskers got wins from their Nos. 2, 3 and 4 pairs. Amber Rolfzen and Kira Larson defeated Molly Turner and Emilee Erichsen (21-18, 21-13). Kelly Hunter and Kadie Rolfzen improved to 6-2 with a two set sweep, and Annika Albrecht and Cecilia Hall won 21-14, 21-12. Nebraska has three matches remaining, including Friday matches against Cal State Northridge (2 p.m. CT) and Boise State (6 p.m. CT) in Tucson, Ariz.
Nebraska 3, Grand Canyon 2
1. Kenzie Phelps/Shannon Dugan (GCU) def. Alicia Ostrander/Justine Wong-Orantes (NU) 21-14, 18-21, 16-14
2. Amber Rolfzen/Kira Larson (NU) def. Molly Turner/Emilee Erichsen (GCU) 21-18, 21-13
3. Kelly Hunter/Kadie Rolfzen (NU) def. Brooke Razo/Alex Green (GCU) 21-16, 21-15
4. Annika Albrecht/Cecilia Hall (NU) def. Kaitlynn Ausmus/Megan Glennie (GCU) 21-14, 21-12
5. Becca Conrad/Alex Goodman (GCU) def. Melanie Keil/Alexa Ethridge (NU) 25-23, 21-13