Last week, the 16 year old suspected of driving the get away car in the robbery and murder of a pizza deliveryman bonded out of jail and returned to school. Omaha Public School District spokesperson Luann Nelson confirmed that Marcus Robinson did return to Burk High School on Friday but the district implemented its due process procedure under the student code of conduct regulations and he was dismissed from the building.
“We have to look at each case, case by case, and consider disciplinary action for an incident that may have occurred in school and an incident that may have occurred out of school.”
Nelson says their policy, depending on specific circumstances, allows for a student to continue his or her education.
“Normally, we will have what is called an intake interview with the student and possibly devise a better educational plan for that student rather than returning to that particular building.”
No word on what the district is deciding to do with Robinson. His attorney says he was paid $10 to drive the get away car after Christopher Taylor was stabbed in a vacant apartment.