A sad day at the Nebraska Humane Society in Omaha. Last week we told you about “Burnie” the cat that had apparently survived a house fire. “Burnie” was making good progress recovering from his injuries but the burns on his feet were too extensive for treatment and caused a massive internal infection. Their veterinarians contacted a specialist from Kansas State University and agreed even if they were able to clear up the infection and save part of his feet, he would never be able to walk comfortably and all four pads had been destroyed. Burnie was euthanized this week.
You are here: / / Feline Fire Survivor Too Ill To Save