Wednesday afternoon, Omaha resident Eric Sueper was relaxing in his bedroom watching TV. A frantic knock on his door changed his life forever. When Sueper opened the front door there was a frantic Omaha Public Power District employee that told him his house was on fire.
Flames could be seen coming from a window of the home. Sueper and three other residents made it out of the house safely. Unfortunately the house at 61st and Elm Street and most of the contents are a total loss.
Sueper credits that passing OPPD worker for saving everyone’s life. This is especially difficult for two of the residents who were just married last weekend.