Every year Farmers Insurance rates large metropolitan areas with populations of 500,000 or greater and list the most secure places to live in the United States.
Mark Toohey is Farmers Insurance medial relations director and has excellent news for those who live in the Omaha – Council Bluffs, Iowa metro area. This year the greater Omaha area ranked number 6 on their list of most secure large cities. It was the second year that Omaha – Council Bluffs, Iowa made the list and they came in last year at number 8.
Toohey says criteria includes economic stability, crime statistics, natural disasters, foreclosures, air quality, life expectancy and employment numbers just to name a few.
Their 2012 Most Secure Large Metro Areas include:
1. Bethesda-Gaithersburg-Fredrick, Md.
2. Grand Rapids-Wyoming, Mich.
3. Pittsburg, Pa.
4. Austin-Round Rock, Texas
5. Cambridge-Newton-Framingham, Mass.
6. Omaha, Nebr.-Council Bluffs, Iowa.
7. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.
8. San Francisco-San Mateo-Redwood City, Calif.
9. Portland-Beaverton, Ore. -Vancouver, Wash.
10. Dallas-Plano-Irvington, Texas.
Des Moines, Iowa came in at number 20.