Creighton University Economist Ernie Goss released his top 10 policy remedies to end the nation’s economic malaise.
1. Encourage work, not unemployment.
2. Pass an immigration reform bill.
3. Continue federal spending sequestration.
4. Approving pending applications to export liquefied natural gas and approving the permit for the Keystone XL Oil Pipeline.
5. Allow children to escape failing schools by providing vouchers.
6. Raise the debt ceiling without conditions.
7. Raise the Social Security retirement age.
8. Reduce the yearly cost of living adjustment for Social Security payments.
9. Unwind the feds excessive money expansion
10. Pass a budget.
Goss says no matter what political party affiliation not everyone will agree will all of the items on his list. To clarify number two, pass an immigration reform bill does not mean amnesty to the millions of those currently in the country illegally. Goss says that means providing assistance to citizenship to those who bring significant human capital.