Nebraska parents preferred the names “Emma” and “Mason” last year with “Olivia” and “Liam” coming in a close second.
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services has released the list of top baby names for 2013, compared with the top names from 1920.
In 1920, “Mary” was the top girl’s name with “Robert” the top boy’s name. The state first began recording to top names in 1920. “William” seems to be the only popular name that meets the test of time, appearing as the third most popular name in 2013. It ranked 4th in 1920.
Here is the list from NDHHS:
Girls Boys Girls Boys
1. Emma, Mason Mary, Robert
2. Olivia, Liam Dorothy, John
3. Sophia, William Helen, Donald
4. Harper, Noah Ruth, William
5. Avery, Carter Margaret, James
6. Charlotte, Isaac Doris, Harold
7. Isabella, Jackson Mildred, Charles
8. Ava, Henry Betty, Richard
9. Elizabeth, Elijah Evelyn, George
10. Emily, Jacob Virginia, Kenneth
You can find all the years of top baby names on the DHHS website by clicking here.