One man has died, another remains in critical condition from wounds suffered in a house fire Friday in Omaha.
The Omaha Fire Department reports 56-year-old Vernon Gamble died from complications due to burns and smoke inhalation.
31-year-old Frederick Stennis remains in critical condition at Nebraska Medical Center.
Firefighters say discarded smoking material set the house on fire at 3215 N. 40th Avenue in Omaha very early Friday morning.
Firefighters rescued Gamble and Stennis from the basement of the house.
The fire caused approximately $20,000 damage and left six people homeless.