United States Sen. Deb Fischer spent Thanksgiving visiting the troops in the Middle East.
Fischer’s office has issued a news release stating Fischer visited service members from Nebraska at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar and Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan. Fischer made the visit as part of the Senate Armed Services Committee congressional delegation trip.
Fischer released the following statement:
“I was humbled and honored to spend this Thanksgiving with service members from Nebraska currently stationed in Qatar and Afghanistan. These brave service members are far away from their homes and loved ones this holiday season. I cherished the time I spent with each and every one of them. I know I join all Nebraskans when I say how thankful we are for the sacrifices they and their families make to keep us safe.”
Fischer’s office says that at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, Fischer met with the following service members from Nebraska:
· Master Sergeant Daniel Westman is an aircraft mechanic crew chief in the Nebraska Air National Guard. Master Sergeant Westman has served our country for 18 years. He is from Bellevue, Nebraska.
· Lieutenant Colonel Chris Shannon is a pilot in the Nebraska Air National Guard. Lieutenant Colonel Shannon has served our country for 17 years. His hometown is Omaha, Nebraska.
· Staff Sergeant Jennifer Jensen is a knowledge operations manager in the Wyoming Air National Guard. She has served our country for 9 years and is originally from Alliance, Nebraska.
Also, Fischer had Thanksgiving lunch with the following Nebraska service members at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan:
· Lieutenant Colonel James Rye of McCook, Nebraska.
· Chief Warrant Officer Aaron Carpenter of Omaha, Nebraska.
· Sergeant Jared Cornell of Omaha, Nebraska.
· Sergeant Erik Servellon of Omaha Nebraska.
· Lieutenant Colonel Danny Robinson of North Platte, Nebraska.
· Chief Warrant Officer Nicole Patterson of Beatrice, Nebraska.