A resident of a duplex in south Lincoln has died in a fire caused by smoking, accelerated by an oxygen tank used by the resident.
Lincoln Fire and Rescue officials report 62-year-old Karl Kohlhof died in the fire which engulfed the rights side of a duplex unit near 29th and E Streets.
Firefighters responded to the duplex fire Friday night after neighbors saw smoke coming from the building. The neighbors attempted to rescue Kohlhof, but fire had spread throughout the unit preventing them from entering.
Carli Luca, KLIN, contributed to this story.