One person is dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a Grand Island house. Eight others are being treated.
Police report firefighters went to the home on a medical call Tuesday. They found the man and a woman in the basement. Both were taken to the hospital. The man was pronounced dead. There is no immediate report on the woman’s condition.
Names have not been released.
Six emergency responders, firefighters and police, had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Emergency responders took readings for carbon monoxide. The readings indicated a high level of carbon monoxide build up. Fire officials say it appears unvented gas-powered space heaters caused the buildup.