A contract electrician has died from injuries suffered in a downtown Omaha fire in December.
Nebraska Medical Center spokesman Taylor Wilson confirms the death of 59-year-old Steven Nitz, but says privacy rules prohibit him from saying when he died.
The Omaha Police Department reports Nitz was shocked and burned in an early morning accident at Sprint Communications, which sparked a small fire in the main electrical break of the building. It did little damage. Nitz was the only one injured. He was working as a contractor for Sprint.
Nitz, who was from Oshkosh, Wisconsin, was 59.
Carli Luca, KLIN, contributed to this story.