The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission embarked on a mission this summer. Conservation officers teamed up with the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office and Nebraska State Patrol to make state recreation areas around Lincoln safer.
The special enforcement aimed to reduce serious and fatal crashes, both on water and land.
The results are:
- Two arrests for Driving Under the Influence
- Three arrest for Boating Under the Influence
- Twenty-three citations for drug possession
- Four citations for Driving During Suspension
- Twelve citations for Open Alcohol Container
- Fifteen citations for Minor in Possession of Alcohol
- Thirty-nine citations for No Park Entry Permit
In all, conservation officers made contact with 2,000 visitors from Memorial Day weekend through August.
A grant from the Nebraska Office of Highway Safety made the special enforcement effort possible.