Two University of Nebraska students sustained non-life-threatening injuries when a bottle of acid solution ruptured Thursday during class on the Lincoln campus.
UNL officials says the chemical accident occurred at 2:30pm Thursday at the Voelte-Keegan Nanoscience Research Center attached to Jorgensen Hall.
The two men, ages 22 and 19, were hospitalized. One suffered cuts to his face. The other suffered burns from inhaling the chemical.
The danger was confined to the room in which the rupture occurred. Officials evacuated Jorgensen Hall.
The incident remains under investigation.