Lincoln police have identified the man killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in a Lincoln home Wednesday as 57-year-old Ruben “Javier” Moreno Campos.
Three people became sick when extremely high levels of carbon monoxide filled the mobile home in the northern section of the city. All were family members, ages 38, 26, and four. All have been hospitalized. All are expected to recover.
Omaha police report Black Hills Energy crew members investigated the leak. Investigators say carbon monoxide built up in the dwelling, because the water heater wasn’t adequately vented, causing exhaust to circulate back into the house.